Sir Philip Sidneys An apology for poetry.
Renaissance theatre and the theory of tragedy. Elizabethan theatrical genres and literary theory.
Classical Views of Literature & the Visual Arts - Essays
Dialogue and discussion in the Renaissance The essay as criticism 2 The genres of epigram and emblem Humour and satire in the Renaissance. Theories of prose fiction in sixteenthcentury France. Vives and Ramus. The rise of the vernaculars. Women as auctores in early modern Europe.
Renaissance Neoplatonism. Cosmography and poetics.
Natural philosophy and the new science. Calvinism and postTridentine developments.
- The Cambridge History of Literary Criticism: Volume 1, Classical Criticism;
- Manners, Customs, and Dress during the Middle Ages and during the Renaissance Period.
- The Cambridge History of Literary Criticism, Vol. 1: Classical Criticism - PDF Drive!
PortRoyal and Jansenism. Jonson Milton and classical literary.
The rhetorical ideal in France. Cartesian aesthetics. Longinus and the Sublime. French criticism in the seventeenth century.
ISBN 13: 9780521300063
Literarycritical developments in sixteenth. The Germanspeaking countries. The Low Countries. Setting up reading intentions help you organise your course reading. It makes it easy to scan through your lists and keep track of progress.
- The Cambridge History of Literary Criticism, Volume 8?
- The Mobile Audience: Media Art and Mobile Technologies;
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Trillium Classics).
- Uneven Development: Nature, Capital, and the Production of Space (Ideas (Series) (Oxford, England).)?
Here's an example of what they look like:. Your reading intentions are also stored in your profile for future reference.
The Cambridge History of Literary Criticism: Volume 8, from Formalism to | eBay
To set a reading intention, click through to any list item, and look for the panel on the left hand side:. Library availability. Buy from Amazon. Have you read this? Please log in to set a read status Setting a reading intention helps you organise your reading.